Welcome to Real Estate Backstory, your weekly source for the latest updates on real estate news, changes, and trends specifically relevant to the Atlanta area and its surrounding markets. In this episode, we cover a wide range of topics that will provide valuable insights for both real estate professionals and homeowners. The following is a synopsis of the latest episode of “The Real Estate Backstory.” You can watch the video in its entirety below.
In this blog post, we will explore the seven daily habits of top real estate producers. Drawing inspiration from Stephen Covey’s book, “The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People,” we have delved into the practices that contribute to the success of thriving real estate professionals. By breaking down this list, we aim to provide valuable insights that can help you grow your real estate business.
- Focus on Personal Growth: Top producers prioritize their personal growth and are always eager to learn. They actively seek opportunities to expand their knowledge and skills. We often see them attending continuing education classes and actively networking. By investing time in self-improvement, they position themselves for success.
- Implement a Schedule: While many individuals may have been drawn to real estate to escape rigid schedules, top producers understand the importance of time management. They recognize that as CEOs of their businesses, they need structure and organization. Agents without a schedule tend to be unfocused and less productive. Establishing a schedule ensures priorities are met efficiently.
- Develop and Refine Systems: Top real estate producers avoid “winging it” and instead create and modify systems for buyers and sellers. They understand the value of repeatable processes and procedures. Having clear systems in place enables them to provide consistent service and deliver exceptional results. They have strategies for handling buyers, cold buyer leads, property showings, and listings, which go beyond basic requirements.
- Treat Real Estate as a Business: Successful real estate professionals treat their business like a business. They form limited liability companies (LLCs), become associate brokers or brokers, or establish their own company branding. While agents may hang their license under a brokerage, it is crucial to remember that they are also running their own small business. This mindset leads to thriving and growth.
- Engage in Outbound Calls: Top producers understand the importance of making outbound calls. Though it may be intimidating for some, most of these calls are not cold calls. They reach out to people they know, such as friends, former colleagues, and individuals they have interacted with in various settings. Making outbound calls helps generate business opportunities and keeps them top of mind for potential clients.
- Leverage a Database: Maintaining an engaged and active database is crucial for success. Top producers utilize a database (CRM system) to manage their contacts effectively. They go beyond simply having a database; they engage with it regularly. Every client receives at least two property alerts per week. They stay in touch with past clients, sharing relevant information and providing market updates. By being intentional about database engagement, they remain top of mind.
- Set Goals and Prioritize: Successful real estate professionals set daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly goals. They understand the importance of constantly working towards these goals. By setting clear objectives and diligently pursuing them, they position themselves for long-term success. However, it’s essential to avoid overworking and burnout. Working seven days a week is not sustainable and can lead to exhaustion and diminished results.
In conclusion, the seven daily habits of top real estate producers are: focusing on personal growth, implementing a schedule, developing and refining systems, treating real estate as a business, engaging in outbound calls, leveraging a database, and setting goals while maintaining a healthy work-life balance. By embracing these habits, real estate professionals can emulate success, enhance their business growth, and thrive in a competitive market.
Watch the entire video for more information here: